Have you found your perfect Winter boots yet? I’ve so far bought and returned three pairs! I just can’t make up my mind because there are so many gorgeous styles of boots and they are all really different, I feel like I need them all!
I have been doing loads of research to find my perfect pair so I thought I would share it with you. I’ve separated them into my five favourite boot trends and given you some street style inspiration for how to wear them.
Animal print is everywhere. When I walk through my office I feel like i’m on a Big Game safari! I am a massive animal print fan and I am totally happy that it is such a huge trend right now, but if you aren’t so sure this trend is for you then why not try it on your feet first? A pair of snake, leopard, or zebra boots instantly gives a dull everyday outfit a bit of wow factor.
- Leather snake print ankle boots £129 & Other Stories, 2. Leather spotted block heel boots £85 M&S, 3. Suede zebra print ankle boots £64.99 New Look, 4. Block heel leopard print ankle boots £105 Dune @ Debenhams, 5. Red snake flared heel boot £26.24 Dorothy Perkins, 6. Snake print high heel ankle boots £49.99 Zara, 7. Red snake effect ankle boots £49.99 Mango, 8. Faux snakeskin Chelsea boots £27.99 New Look, 9. Leopard print western boots £39.99 New Look.
There is nothing like a pair of combat boots to make me feel all stompy and girl power! I love them because they are cool, they are casual and they are comfy – perfect for icy Winter mornings. They are the sensible option if you are only buying one pair of boots this season. I love that they look just as good with a pair of jeans as they do with a floaty dress. Wear them with a pair of combats for the full 90’s girl band look or go a bit more Courtney Love and wear them with a pretty dress. I love all the memories these boots bring back to me of my teenage years and this is definitely the style that I will be buying when I finally find my perfect pair.
- Red velvet lace-up boots £115 Dr Martens @ Debenhams, 2. Lace-up ankle boots with zips £39.00 La Redoute, 3. Navy chunky lace-up boots £27.99 New Look, 4. Stitch details ankle boots £69.99 M&S, 5. Maroon lace-up ankle boots £49.99 Stradivarius, 6. Leather and suede buckle boots £52 Office, 7. Studded leather ankle boots £79.99 Zara, 8. Croc buckle boots £95 Office, 9. Studded military boots £45 Miss Selfridge.
Cowboy boots are still going strong from last winter so you may already have a pair. They just seem to make almost any outfit look cooler. If you are a bit nervous about this trend stick to a plain black pair with just a little detailing on the sides or toe. If you are feeling a bit more adventurous go for something more colourful, the green pair below are just stunning!
- Snake effect leather western boots £90 Office, 2. Green cowboy boots £175 Jigsaw @ John Lewis, 3. White stretch cowboy ankle boots £55.99 Bershka, 4. Tan leather cowboy boots £99.99 Mango, 5. Pewter leather western ankle boots £62 Dune, 6. Limited edition knee high cowboy boots £49.99 New Look, 7. Red leather embroidered boots £99.99 Zara, 8. Vegan ranch boot £58 Free People, 9. Silver western boots £50 Office.
Damn it! I chucked a pair of slouchy boots just like the red ones above out about six years ago when it was all about shoe boots! See this is why I should be allowed to shoe horde. I love this retro look so much. These boots look great with a long skirt, or a mini skirt or over skinny jeans – it’s been a good few years since I tucked my jeans in my boots but i’m willing to give it a try again. If you’re going for this style it’s worth investing in a more expensive pair because the leather needs to be super soft to give that gorgeous slouchy look.
- Black faux croc knee high boots £39.99 New Look, 2. Cream block heel leather boots £95.99 Zara, 3. Taupe high heeled leather boots £119 Zara, 4. Black suede slouch boot £88 Oasis, 5. Slouch block heel camel leather boots £135 Office, 6. Grey ruched knee high boots £170 Dune, 7. Brown suede boots £110 Aldo, 8. Burgundy knee boots £198 Boden.
White boots. There is something about them that just screams ‘look at me!’. The mum side of me thinks I will just run over them with my pushchair and ruin them, the fashionista side of me says that these boots go with every outfit, they are like the more dressy replacement for your favourite trainers.
- White leather boots with side stripe £125 Dune @ Debenhams, 2. White boots with perspex heel £169 Kurt Geiger, 3. Zip up ankle boots £49.99 Zara, 4. Stud detail chelsea boot £25 Boohoo, 5. Chelsea western boots £45 M&S, 6. White leather tortoise shell heel boots £90 Office, 7. Pointed stiletto ankle boots £85 & Other Stories, 8. White block heel boots £45 Schuh, 9. White lace-up boots £145 Steve Madden @ Dune.
Thanks very much for reading, let me know if you find your perfect boots.